Today is National Grilled Cheese Day … one of my favorite days of the year! Last year, we shared the insanely delicious Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich from Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land on Disney Parks Blog. This year, we are again celebrating and sharing another ooey, gooey sandwich recipe, this one from ABC Commissary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Our chefs have taken the grilled cheese to the next level and created a cheesy, melty sandwich with just a hint of heat from the buffalo sauce. This sandwich has the perfect combo of buffalo chicken, Monterey Jack, provolone, cheddar, and cream cheese between grilled sourdough. If you want the full ABC Commissary experience, serve this sandwich with steak fries or an arugula-farro salad, and have a side of extra buffalo sauce at the ready. Or go old-school with a steaming bowl of tomato soup for dipping. Happy National Grilled Cheese Day!
BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH from ABC Commissary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
BUFFALO CHICKEN FILLING
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce, plus more, to taste
- 2 cups shredded chicken
BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- 8 large slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices non-smoked provolone cheese
- Buffalo chicken filling
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN FILLING:
- Combine cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until combined. Add hot sauce and beat until incorporated.
- Add chicken and beat for 30 seconds. Add additional buffalo hot sauce, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place 4 slices of sourdough bread on a large cutting board and top each with one slices of provolone cheese. Evenly divide buffalo chicken filling among the 4 sandwiches. Top with remaining slices of provolone and bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on both sides of each sandwich.
- Cook on preheated skillet for 1-2 minutes per side, until desired doneness.